20 benefits of apple cider vinegar
To be honest, I hate the taste of Apple Cider Vinegar. It's disgusting. It tastes like an armpit after a day you did hot yoga and forgot to put deodorant on. Those are my feelings on the subject. You may be someone who likes that flavor. No judgements! Who know, it may grow on me. I mean, I was repulsed by tomatoes and asparagus until the age of 20 and now they're a couple of my best buds. Back to the ACV, sometimes BEAUTY IS PAIN! I love this phrase. Some people are really anti as we are all worthy and beautiful just the way we are right in this moment and we shouldn't subject ourselves to anything but love. I do believe that. But, does this mean we shouldn't push ourselves to broaden our horizons, try hokey holistic practices or sometimes ingest a vinegar bomb that tastes like a foot? I say, go for it! We should absolutely accept who we are right in this moment but let's never settle! Let's continuously challenge ourselves to raise our health, wealth and happiness to the next level by doing things that scare us or are at the very least, make us feel slightly uncomfortable. This is called Healthy Risk. Yes, apple cider vinegar disgusts me but once the shot is down, I feel pumped. Not only did I do something ultra healthy but it's almost like an adrenaline rush- it gets me energized and charged up. I get nervous before I do it, turn on some pump up jams, build up some anticipation, finally pour the shot back, the taste is gone within 10 seconds and I do some dance moves and air punches because I did it and now I am ready to rock the day doing other little things that kind of freak me out but are actually just simple actions with huge reward.
So, you've got a couple different options for how you want to ingest this vinegar bomb. You can pour a few tablespoons of ACV in warm water and drink as a tea. Or you can do what I do and put one of the shot glasses from college to good use and just pound it like a champ. I prefer the latter because it's one and done.
Now that I have been talking trash about ACV, let me tell you about the other side of this love/hate relationship. Because, let me tell you, there is a lot of love. Otherwise I wouldn't be putting myself through this torture!
Here are 20 benefits to incorporating Apple Cider Vinegar to your diet.
- It speeds up your metabolism
- Gives you a boost of energy
- Cleanses your digestive tract and helps flush out harmful toxins
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- Aids in weight loss
- Acts as a natural laxative and helps to relieve constipation
- Balances and regulates your body's pH levels
- Reduces sugar cravings and helps you control unhealthy cravings in general
- Full of antioxidants that are great for glowing skin, fighting off disease, and boosting your immunity
- Helps prevents premature aging and wrinkles
- Reduces inflammation in the body
- Relieves headaches and nausea and treats colds and flus!
- Relieves heart burn
- Whitens your teeth (mix half water, half ACV and swish. Then swish with plain H2O afterwards.)
- Reduces arthritis and joint pain
- Kills and slows the growth of cancer cells
- It's an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. So, it can helps kill candida and overgrowth of yeast in the gut.
- Promotes digestion
- Can kill off acne causing bacteria- which will prevent pimples and promote smooth skin
- Amps up lymphatic drainage and enhances circulation
Bonus Tip: Pour one cup of ACV into a glass and bring it in the shower with you. Once your finished with your whole routine, fill rest of the glass up with water, tilt your head back and pour it over your hair. Watch out not to get it into your eyes. You don't need to rinse it out; it wont smell. This will make your hair smooth and shiny.