Hi, I'm Madeline.
Lux Lake is meant to be an honest place where you can learn and understand how food can heal your mind, body and soul.
I had a difficult relationship with food for many years because I didn't understand what it meant to be truly nourished. My mind would tell me one thing but then my body would do something completely different. I was so disconnected and living in a haze, just getting by day by day but not really living the life that I knew I deserved.
Once I discovered that my mood was directly correlated to what I was putting into my body, I began to get the control back in my life. I immediately cut out the crap and my body simultaneously began to heal. Nothing in my life changed besides the foods that I ate and yet, somehow, everything changed. I want to empower others to embrace healthy living and healing both physically and mentally through plant based foods. Together we can cultivate a healthy, stress free life.
I became a Certified Health Coach because I feel it's my purpose to help other women discover their best self. I have the passion, knowledge and personal experience to guide others to a place of true acceptance, balance and radiant health.
- add more fruits and vegetables to your diet
- reduce the amount of animal protein you consume
- eat less of the foods that don't make you feel well
- get 8-9 hours of sleep a night
- take breaks from social media + mindless television
- establish a self-care routine and stick to it
- change your mindset from "I have to" to "I get to"
- write positive affirmations for yourself and read them daily
- eat slowly and mindfully
- drink water continuously throughout the day
- read food labels
- research mystery ingredients in foods and their side effects
- compliment and honor yourself
- set attainable goals for yourself
- respect your body
- live in the present but eat for the future
- see healthy eating as a lifestyle and not as a diet
- accept yourself for who you are at this moment