maple roasted carrots
This side is incredibly simple to make and contains ingredients that you probably have in your home. Therefore, this side is excellent when you have unexpected guests coming over and you need to whip up a few dishes for dinner. It's easy, it's visually beautiful and tastes great so your guests will either think you're a master chef or it just all comes naturally to you- either one of these options is great. But really, my favorite part of this dish is the maple syrup. As it roasts, it begins to caramelize on the bottom and creates this creme brulee crunch. It's really spectacular.
If you needed anymore convincing to make this for dinner tonight, here are twenty reasons more reasons....
1. Carrots improve eyesight
2. Carrots regulate blood sugar level
3. Pink Himalayan salt contains 84 minerals
4. EVOO supports healthy hair growth
5. Maple Syrup boosts the immune system
6. Carrots improve skin tone
7. Pink Himalayan salt balances the body's acidity and alkaline levels
8. Thyme has mood boosting effects
9. EVOO lowers bad cholesterol
10. Pink Himalayan salt helps to detox the body
11. Maple Syrup boosts your liver function
12. Carrots improve kidney function
13.Thyme is anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-fungal
14. EVOO is an anti-inflammatory
15. Pink Himalayan salt aids in digestion
16. Maple Syrup fights wrinkles and fine lines
17. Carrots increases cognitive function
18. Pink Himalayan salt increases your libido
19. EVOO lowers blood pressure
20. Thyme combats hair loss
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup
1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1/4 teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt
1/2 teaspoon of Dried Thyme
R E C I P E
-Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
-Wash and peel the carrots, leaving the stems but you can discard of the greens if there are any
-Lay out the carrots on baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the carrots and then, with your hands, rub the oil all over each carrot so they're completely covered.
-Next, evenly drizzle the maple syrup over the carrots and then sprinkle the salt and thyme .
-Let the carrots roast in the oven for 40 minutes. When they're complete they should be soft and the bottoms will be slightly caramelized- this is heaven!
-Place on a serving platter and drizzle a tiny bit more of maple syrup on the carrots as well as a sprinkling of salt and thyme.