tri berry crumble
I ate this crumble for breakfast and dessert...
A treat you can eat for both breakfast and dessert? Yep, you read that right. This berry crumble is made up of some really simple ingredients and that is why I enjoy it so much. You don't need to feel guilty about indulging in this because it's gluten free, vegan, naturally sweetened and even contains superfoods! I have a bit of a sweet tooth so I really love that I can enjoy this without feeling like I am eating poorly. In fact, It's quite the opposite. Here are your ten reasons to eat this dish...
1. Blueberries prevent signs of aging like wrinkles and dark spots
2. Blackberries are rich in disease fighting antioxidants
3. Raspberries regulate a woman's menstrual cycle
4. Lemon Juice cleanses your teeth
5. Oats are filled with protein
6. Walnuts help to improve bone health
7. Cinnamon helps reduce blood pressure
8. Maple Syrup enhances liver function (liver detoxes the body like crazzzy)
9. Chia Seeds contain 41% of your daily fiber...to keep your digestive system moving
10. Pink Himalayan salt boosts energy
Also, feel free to substitute other fruits instead of the berries. You can use apples, peaches, cherries or strawberries- whatever you have available.
I N G R E D I E N T S
for the fruit filling:
2 cups of blackberries
2 cups of blueberries
2 cups of raspberries
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
for the crumble:
2 cups of oats
1 cup of almond flour
1 cup of walnuts, chopped
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
4 tablespoons of maple syrup
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of Pink Himalayan salt
R E C I P E
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
In a mixing bowl, combine the washed berries with the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Stir the fruit together and pour into a shallow baking dish.
Next, in the same bowl, mix together the oats, almond flour, walnuts, chia seeds, 4 tablespoons of maple syrup, EVOO, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Mix well. When completely combined, spread the crumble evenly over the fruit.
Let bake in the oven for 35 minutes. The fruit should be bubbling and the crumble should be browning and a tad crisp.
Enjoy warm or cold. Keep covered in the fridge for up to a week. This would also be delicious over some non-dairy ice cream or coconut yogurt.