Today I am officially saying farewell to summer and hello to fall. The last few months have been a time of growth for my business, relationships, and personal goals. I love the simplicity of summertime and people are just much happier when the sun is out. As much as I love being outdoors and driving with the windows down, the change of seasons always gives me butterflies.
Looking forward to the next season, here are five things that I want to achieve or work harder at within the next few months.
1. DO MORE YOGA I have been doing yoga on and off for years. I absolutely love the feeling of finishing a class and being physically and mentally stronger. Yoga is something that keeps my mind and body connected and that is very important for my overall happiness and well being.
2. COOK HEALTHY MEALS AT HOME I am a foodie and love to cook. However, it is so much easier to go out after a day of work. This fall I am going to try three different recipes a week- a good way to save bank and know exactly what is going in your body.
3. SAVE UP Everyone of us, no matter how much money we do or don't have can spend less and save more. I am dedicating myself to saying no to items I don't need. After all, a penny saved is a penny earned.
4. MEDITATE I know the many health benefits to mediation (improves brain function, reduces stress, helps you sleep more soundly, etc.) but I never stay on the train long enough to feel them. I need to have more "Me Time" and taking ten to fifteen minutes out of my day to pause will do wonders.
5. AMP UP CREATIVITY I am always inspired by nature and the change from summer to fall is beyond impressive. I am going to use the fall fashion, colors, crisp air and seasonal flavors as inspiration for my designs and force myself to step outside the box to take my work to the next level. Stay tuned...
Before we say goodbye for good...here are some of my favorite memories from summer 2015.
BOATING ON LAKE MICHIGAN.
CREATING JEWELRY AND SHARING IT WITH THE WORLD.
SPENDING TIME AT THE JAPANESE GARDENS WITH MY SISTER.